One of the best things you can use fresh cucumbers for is Tzatziki! You may have also heard it referred to as Cucumber Dressing or Gyro Sauce. It’s really simple to make and its delicious on grilled meats and vegetables. Recently at Hawkins Homestead Farm, we made a variety of shish kabobs and added Tzatziki to them. Would you like to make your own? Here’s how:
- One whole cucumber, washed, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- Fresh dill to taste
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- One garlic clove, peeled, and minced
- One Tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- One cup of plain organic yogurt
- After chopping cucumber drain excess water by placing pieces in a colander and mashing out the excess water.
- Roughly chop dill
- Add all ingredients to a bowl leaving the cucumbers for last.
- Fold in cucumbers once water is drained.
- Taste and season according to your liking